InterStep is a recruitment agency in the field of technology. We are strongly represented in the fields of Engineering, consulting and building management. Our colleagues are given the opportunity to continue to develop in their careers and fields of study through training and coaching. This ensures that you can participate in the movements in the market and technological developments and have a challenging career. If you are looking for an employer who is widely represented in the technology and invests in your personal guidance, be sure to respond to one of our vacancies and we will contact you within a business day.
As a Technical Author you will be responsible for writing Vessel Operating Manuals (VOM) used by our Training & Deliveries Department and our clients. These manuals are compiled based on technical information, user experience and drawings supplied by Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) in i.e. Engineering or the Training & Deliveries department and by suppliers.
As a Technical Author, your main responsibilities will be:
- The retrieval of the required information from the responsible engineers, trainers and our Document Management System;
- To empathise the user needs, but bear in mind our used standards;
- Writing manuals that in particular serve our clients / users as well as possible for their needs;
- Determination of the structure of the manuals according to the supplied information and drawings;
- To improve the readability of the information supplied of the systems or systems used on board.
As a Technical Author, you have:
- A Technical background (Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering);
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Technical Author;
- Familiar with software such as XMetal, Adobe FrameMaker and AutoCAD (Pre);
- Familiar with technical documentation architecture; Dita (pre);
- Sufficient technical knowledge about systems on ships;
- An excellent command of Dutch and English verbal and written.
We offer you a job in which you will find a good combination of theory and practice, in a very pleasant working atmosphere. Are you enthusiastic to be part of the Damen family as a technical author, apply now via the button below.
Are you interested, do you have any questions or do you want more information? Then contact Marten Kuik on 06-20759591 or email@example.com