Our client provides intelligent products and services to maximize the benefits of a connected security solution. Highly effective security, safety and communications solutions. Their intelligent products and services include: Video Systems, Fire Detection and Evacuation Systems, Public Address and Conference Systems, Professional Audio Systems, Access Control Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems and Security Management Systems.
The Software/Testing Engineering department of the Video business unit in Eindhoven delivers an active contribution to the development of market leading video security products. The department consists out of Embedded, Embedded-Application and Server-Application Engineers.
The Software Engineer designs, implements and tests the software according to specifications and architecture. The Software Engineer works in Agile teams according to Agile principles.
Key areas of responsibility
- Design, code and unit-test the software to implement part of the software in the scope of the activities assigned to or selected by the Software Engineer
Documents the design
- Integrates (commits) his software into the trunk after assuring no build-fail due to these commits
- Commits on a regular basis
- Analyses and fixes build fails on the trunk as fast as possible
- Analyses and fixes defects as fast as possible
- Operates according Agile principles
- Consults Open Source Software officer ico of usage of OSS
- Keeps abreast of technical developments in own field through study of literature and technical contacts
Necessary know how / skills
- University education in computer or software science at Bachelor level or higher.
- Specific knowledge of relevant design methods like UML
- Knowledge of main programming languages like C/C++, C#, Java
- Intelligent, abstract, analytical and creative thinker.
- Is able to look, realistically, beyond the well-trodden paths.
- Lateral thinker with helicopter view, capable of finding an appropriate solution to complex problems
A challenging position with development potential within a growing dynamic organization. Excellent conditions of employment and opportunities for training and development suitable with client’s focal point of quality.
Marten Kuik ( available at email@example.com or 06 20 75 95 91)